Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week will feature a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. All that’s asked is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post. Don’t worry if you can’t come up with ten every time…just post what you can!
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So!
(I know I’m posting this a bit late, try to forgive me, I’m ill yet again…)
- Her wrath became a song in her blood as she ended them.
– Queen of Shadows, Sarah J. Maas
- Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.
– The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin
- “Oh, I’m sorry,” Chubs said, “apparently the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours. Do continue.”
– Never Fade, Alexandra Bracken
(Let’s face it y’all, I can’t wait to use this line on somebody!)
- Tomorrow belongs to betrayal. Today is mine and I don’t want to waste it being afraid.
– Such A Pretty Girl, Laura Wiess
- No matter what happens, no matter who turns on me, no matter what pompous swine thinks he has power over me, I am still me. I will always be me.
– Snow Like Ashes, Sara Raasch
- I’m not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I’m not sure that I want to wake up.
– If I Stay, Gayle Forman
- He had been willing to die because he refused to take a life.
But me, I contemplated shooting everyone.
– Reboot, Amy Tintera
- Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.
– Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas
- The problem with alienating, self-destructive behavior is people get it into their heads it’s a cry for help. It wasn’t.
– Cracked Up to Be, Courtney Summers
- Once you read something, you can’t erase it from your brain.
– Wake, Lisa McMann