(Actually I finished it several hours ago, but I didn’t know I had anything to say so….shut up.)
Basically it’s like this:
- If you haven’t read it, you should, it’s awesome. I actually forgot that I’d been told it was a retelling of beauty and the beast, so that was a nice surprise a few chapters in.
- It get’s a bit tedious for a minute, but it doesn’t last too long and it’s worth it. I’ll also admit, the ending will probably feel a tad rushed, but it’s still nice and definitely leaves you wanting a sequel so if that was the goal, spot on Maas.
- FOR REAL IS THERE GOING TO BE A SEQUEL BECAUSE I NEED TO SEE SOME SHIT WITH RHYS I JUST LOVE THE LITTLE SHIT I’M SORRY
- Lucien is a precious little snark-fest.
- Tamlin/Feyre gives me the heebie-jeebies like when I see a friend who’s in an emotionally abusive/manipulative relationship and they can’t see it yet and I’m like cringing and trying to think of how to gently inform them that their SO is toxic as fuck…
- I totally like Rhys, if I have to pick a ship, I’m going with Rhys/Feyre
- WHY MAAS OBSESSED WITH SEXUAL FAERIE BITES???? IT WAS WEIRD IN QUEEN OF SHADOWS, THIS TIME IT WAS CREEPY (I know they weren’t published in that order, fight me.)
- Stormageddon the Cat found the book extremely comfy for laying on while I tried to read so kudos there, publishers.
- I have more to say, but I can’t seem to talk without spoiling shit…