Book Trends You’re Tired Of
What are some things you are tired of seeing that are trends in publishing? Maybe something that pops up on a lot of covers these days, or the popularity of certain tropes in a particular genre? Let it out!
To participate in Top 5 Wednesday, just head over to their Goodreads Group and join the fun!
- LOVE TRIANGLES THAT DO NOTHING TO SERVE THE PLOT AND JUST CREATE STUPID FILLER DRAMA CAN DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE
- I’ve seen literally 2 popular books with female lead characters that weren’t model thin. That’s super annoying honestly because I only know 1 naturally skinny girl in real life. Like do authors not realize most girls are not 120lbs?
- I hate when covers have random models on the cover and none of the imagery relates to the story and the model doesn’t even look like the main character. Why do people keep doing this? Just draw a pretty cover using themes from the novel, everyone likes those better anyway!
- Speaking of tropes that can die, how about “love cures mental illness” because that is just stupid.
- Does…..does everybody have to be white?????
What book trends are you sick of?