What Are You Reading Wednesdays #WAYRW is a weekly feature on It’s A Reading Thing. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
- What’s the name of your current read?
- Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
- Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Just a note before I do the WAYRW prompts: I know my WWW Wednesday post from earlier said I was currently reading the second book in the Cold Awakening Trilogy, but I just happened to check my account at the public library shortly after making that post and discovered that Frostblood is due back tomorrow with a couple people already having it reserved. So, if I want a chance to read it without having to wait at least a month, I have to read it now. I’m about 35% in so far according to Goodreads and if I’m lucky I can get it all done in time for the husband to return it for me tomorrow. Then, back to Crashed and the Mech-heads!
- Frostblood by Elly Blake (Frostblood Saga, book 1)
- “His palsied hand trembled as he tried each key, until one of them opened my ankle cuff with a decisive snick.”
- I’m a little less than halfway through at this point and I still haven’t decided… I like the fantasy aspect and would enjoy living in a world with that, but it doesn’t seem like a world it’s own inhabitants would choose at this point. Not to mention, knowing myself and my husband as I do, I’d be a Frostblood in love with a Fireblood and I don’t see that going well for the two of us in the current state of upheaval! (Also I’d be forced to kill anyone who tried to turn him in for being a Fireblood, and I’m not sure I’d even feel guilty about it. So best that we stay out of that world for now, huh?)